Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

I love this time of year. Trees start to bloom and new life sprouts up everywhere. Chris and I were able to witness a new life growing inside my (BIG!) tummy yesterday. Our midwife, Jan, is one our family's angels. There are times that you feel such certainty that God ordains things; meeting Jan was one of those times for us. While visiting her yesterday, I learned that I am about 12 weeks pregnant. This is was reassuring because 1) there's a reason my midsection is already quite large, and 2) our second little one is 12 weeks old and growing stronger day by day.

With Trafton, we immediately heard his feisty little heartbeat. It never failed: at each visit, it was immediately heard, loud and persistent. (Hmmm, a sign of his little toddler personality now?!) When Jan first tried to find little baby's heartbeat yesterday, we couldn't hear a thing. Seconds felt like minutes and I almost started to cry. Just as I started to doubt, there it was! Jan and Chris both held my hands and I listened to that little bean's heart- strong and persistent. What a beautiful moment :)

Even though that was yesterday, I consider it part of the wonderful 24 hours I have had. Lunch with my husband yesterday (a rare treat) and then hearing the baby's precious heartbeat were just the beginning. My Friday has indeed been a GOOD FRIDAY. His blessings abound.

First and foremost, we will be celebrating Easter this weekend. I love this day- to me, it's a bigger "victory" or celebration for those who believe in and follow Jesus. It's a day that we are reminded, through scripture, song, and flowers blooming, that "the old has gone, the new has come" (2 Cor. 5:17).

Second, it's been such an awesome, relaxing day with my son. Chris is at work today, so it's just me and the little man.

- We've exercised. (I walked on the treadmill, while Trafton went down his slide or stood beside me and twisted back and forth.)

- We made a trip to Target to get food and special goodies for Easter :) I am so thankful that we have the money to pay for groceries and bills.

- I realized, 'hey, we get to decorate another baby's room'! My husband groans at the thought of this. I start browsing websites and catalogs, happily overwhelmed by different ideas.

- T. took a nap while I read outside in the sunshine. A little sunburnt, but I'll take it!

- We are now baking brownies and building train tracks. I've gotten a small taste of being a stay at home mama this week.

Lastly, we'll get to see lots of special people tomorrow. We'll spend most of the day with my parents, Trafton's Great Nini, and my uncle Tommy. We'll also see one of my best friends who (I am embarassed to say!) I have not seen before Christmas! I'll be delivering Easter love AND Christmas gifts tomorrow :)

Hope you all have a very special weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment